This Privacy Notification applies to the student leads / inquirers / initial application consultation of Higher Education Partners Africa (“HEP Africa” or “we”) consultation services.
HEP Africa is committed to preserving the confidentiality and integrity of all information it holds and processes and to operating its business in compliance with the requirements of the Protection of Personal Information Act, 2013 (“POPI”), and all other applicable laws relating to the processing of Personal Information (collectively, the “Legislation”).
We recognise the importance of Personal Information and of respecting the privacy rights of individuals. This Privacy Notification sets out the principles which we apply to our Processing of Personal Information so that we not only safeguard one of our most valuable assets, but also that which belongs to our partners and employees. For the most part, we process this information in one of two capacities, either:
1. as a Responsible Party for our internal business operations, such as human resources, administration, marketing, sales etc., or
2. as an Operator when carrying out our service operations for our partner’s students.
For the Protection of Personal Information Act, 2013 (the “POPI Act”), the Responsible Party is the University of Professional Studies, Accra, telephone: +233 30 393 7542, website https://upsa.edu.gh/.
It is the responsibility of all HEP Africa employees to apply the provisions of this notification to all Processing of Personal Information, whether HEP Africa is acting as Responsible Party or Operator (or both). HEP Africa provides employees with regular instruction concerning such matters.
Personal Information Collected and Sources of Data (if not collected from the Data Subject) [POPI Section 18(1)(a)]
Personal information collected by HEP Africa may include:
1. Customer Relationship Data: Information relating to identifying particulars, including first name, last name, identification number, e-mail address, physical address, telephone number, employer, the information contained in communications between us and students or their University or Employer, etc.
2. Usage data: Data about the use of our website and services, which may include IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths, as well as information about the timing, frequency and pattern of service use.
Special Categories of Personal information collected by HEP Africa may include:
• Information relating to health, including disability.
• Sources of Personal information collected by HEP Africa may include:
Lead / Enquiry: Request for Information Form
Telephone Calls: Directly from student
Enrolment: Application Form
Cookies: Service Website
For student communication and marketing
We may process personal information to manage our relationships with students, communicate with students, keep records of those communications and promote our products and services to students.
For quality improvement and trend analysis
We may process information regarding the use of the Services to improve the quality of our Services e.g. by analysing any trends in the use of our Services. When possible, we will do this using only aggregated, non-personally identifiable data.
Keeping a proper record of transactions
We may process personal information to keep records of transactions.
Contact the Information Regulator if there are any complaints about this privacy notification or information we hold. The categories of recipients that we will share your information with are:
E-mail address: email@example.com
Call: Tel +27 012 406 4818
Write to them: The Information Regulator (South Africa); SALU Building, 316 Thabo Sehume Street, Pretoria
Web Address: http://www.justice.gov.za/inforeg/index.html
Don’t miss out, study online.
All fields are required